Sunday 21 February 2010

Thank God for London

London's AW10 shows are looking good so far. A few of my favorites below....

First up is Holly Fulton. Big pressure on for the new star from last season. I went into see her SS10 collection at Browns Focus on Thursday and I was so so impressed, especially at her jewelry. Second time around and she has kept to what she does best, colour, graphics and modern shapes and strikes gold again. She has also styled her outfits with trainers. A girl after my own heart, just how I like it.







Next up is Heikki Salonen's debut collection at Fashion East. Apparently inspired by the film Leon, Heikki takes the grunge look on for AW10, keeping to a dark colour palette and sophisticated shapes. There are nice details and I like it all but it's nothing I haven't seen before.
The tinted glasses and velvet DM's steal the show for me




I know everyone always slaters House Of Holland, but I always like the collections. Tongue in cheek and catered for the twenty something, each look is always packed full of colour and referencing streetware. The pastel palette is the chosen scheme this time around and again he has gone back to his roots of slogan T's. I don't see why Henry should change this either. His pack of fashion fiend friends may be his biggest supporters, but I always stand by HOH. It's playful and harmless, and that's not a bad thing.





Not much to say on PPQ. I used to like them. Then I went off them. But today I have decided that I dont mind this collection too much. Gold and black always get me, and I like the curtain-esque trims.





No comments:

Post a Comment